Social distancing will be our new normal for the next few weeks along with working from home. Keeping some normality in our personal lives is very important to prevent isolation and depression.
The world as we know it has changed quickly in a matter of days. So many of us have had to cancel everything because of the outbreak. Life as we know it has come to an unknown halt.
We had to cancel our Spring and Summer trips to Europe to meet with our parents. So quickly has this pandemic taken over our daily routine. But staying at home and practicing social distancing is our best line of defense of protecting ourselves and our loved ones during this uncertainty.
What we can do to keep our mind, body and soul healthy?
- Try to keep your usual routine. It suddenly seems that we have so much time. Do not try to manage everything at once. There is a risk that you won’t be able to finish each project, which can bring depressive mood. Instead, start with one small project and go on. (Organize your closet, clean kitchen cabinets, dust your chandeliers – that’s a fun one, do some gardening, only few to think about…).
- Make every day video calls with your family and friends. With the situation changing every minute, be sure to stay in contact with your loved ones.
- Keep working out. If you never did – now is perfect time to start. There are many great routines on YouTube, that are worth trying. I’m sure you’ve heard that it’ll make you feel happier, so release those endorphins 😊 .
- Watch your old time favorite movies and finally finish this boring but very smart book you started to read in 2015 😊.
- Show more love to your family and pets. They need it as much as you do. A little more attention to their needs doesn’t take much time while making the social distancing more bearable, because you have each other.
- Learn something new online. Take Photoshop lessons, cooking classes, watch make-up tutorials or how to do your own mani-pedi (very important right now 😊). You also can go back to school and finish your MBA, it’s up to you. Just learn something!
- And last, but not least, try to look presentable while staying at home. It really helps you to stay more focused and organized, and feel better in general.
I hope you are doing well. Stay healthy and fabulous.
Much love! 💗